Sunday, May 4, 2014

Lasting Memories Reveal: Sick Little Man

Awwww....my sweet, little man. How can someone be so adorable even when he's sick?



This month I am officially a designer for Lasting Memories. I'm so very excited for this opportunity! The first challenge this month, LM #189, is to create your own background. The are some people who are great at using gesso and paints and gellatoes, etc. I'm not one of those people! I struggle with making a mess of any kind. So, for my background I chose to splatter Heidi Swapp Color Shine on cardstock. It's still a bit messy for my taste, but I'm starting to like it. It's always good to take yourself out of your comfort zone, right?

I also used a sketch challenge from Stuck?! Sketches for this layout. Their sketch was created by Laura Whitaker, who is fast becoming a favorite sketch designer of mine.


Isn't it great?? I love the simple and clear lines. She does beautiful work.


 I used the Social Butterfly kit from Noel Mignon for this layout. I love the colors! I thought the gray Thickers were perfect for the word "Sick".


I love this teal blue twine. I ran I through my Xyron to make it a sticker. It works perfect!


That sweet little face. He's so adorable, even when he's sick. This little grouping of embellishments makes me happy.

Head on over to Lasting Memories and take on the create your own background challenge. I'd love to see what everyone does and how you take on thus challenge.


10 comments:

  1. Cool and he is ADORABLE! I don't like to make messes either but I fail terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, poor little man :(
    I haven't tried HS Color Shine but I love seeing it on your layouts.
    I never thought of running twine through the Xyron to make it a sticker - what a fabulous tip! Much less messy than wet glue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! ...and poor man :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your background turned out....splattering on layout is also hard for me, just never turns out how I want! I really like your mix of pp and the awesome idea of running twine through the Xyron, an amazing idea! Thanks for the great ideas....time to get scrapping since my grandson is asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the splattering, glad you tried something new and got out of your comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww,,, a girl after my own heart! I don't like alot of mess either. Every time I get my glitter out... I stress! :) I love what you did. It's perfect. Perfect take on the sketch... and what a great photo. I should try this... not sure if my kiddos will hate me for scrapping them sick. My 11 year old might have a thing or two to say. :) Welcome officially! Yay... your first DT creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome take on the sketch! I love your 'messy' background :), and so glad you decided to go out of your comfort zone, as the outcome is so beautiful.
    Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome background effect, ties the colour palette together perfectly. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Love your take on the sketch! Great background splatter and I love your touch with the twine. Thanks for sharing at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a hard time making the messes too. I have been trying to get out of my comfort zone but it is hard. I love how you used the cord to make your loops:) What a great idea to take a picture of them when they are sick.

    ReplyDelete