Wednesday, December 30, 2015

You Are Loved

I've had this picture of one of my best friends and her dad just laying around for a long time. I wanted to create a page for her as a Christmas gift. I still haven't had a chance to give it to her, so I hope she likes it!


I used a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy for this page. I used various items from my stash, and just kind of put it together as I went. I did discover that I don't have a lot of purple in my stash. I think I need to fix that!


I wanted to play off of the purple rose in her dad's pocket. This picture was from his wedding, so I know it will be special to her. I found this vintage wood rose. It's perfect! I used gold throughout the page after finding this rose. I also found some resin roses in my stash. Perfect!


For the title I used some gold foil words from a random embellishment pack that I had. I found the gold enamel arrows to add needed detail. I used purple Heidi Swapp Color Shine for the large ink splats.


The thread behind the page is just simple sewing thread that I bundled up and stuffed behind the picture. After playing with it a bit I liked how it turned out. I added more resin roses around the picture.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my layout. Please leave me your thoughts. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Love your page and the photo is so beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete